Needs some tweaks
Good start to the game. It's playable and the art is cool. But there are a few things in the gameplay that need work to really have a successful game.
1) Ball physics are off. Angle of incidence should equal angle of reflection. Most of the time, it seems like the angle of reflection is close to zero, as the ball comes almost straight back to the player.
2) Rotating surfaces are way off. When you hit rotating blocks, the ball should really bounce back at correct angles. As it is now, they just bounce directly toward the player.
3) Should get progressively harder. I played about 6 or 7 levels and it never seemed to increase difficulty.
4) Needs power-ups. The great thing about Arkanoid was that there were so many weird powerups, special blocks, and random things going on. Try to capture some of that.
A great start to a game
but the programming controls are difficult at first. eventually, i figured out how the UI works, but until then, it was very frustrating.
I think it would be easier if you could click on a circuit part and it would cycle through all numbers.
please continue the project, but do improve the programming interface.
A little sketchy in the parts where you peek into other areas. Maybe if you could make it more obvious what is going on there, because right now it just feels broken.
Fun, game. Eventually had to draw a map at the end, which is embarassing.
good way to check your fan
heats up the old processor in a hurry.
Very addictive. I felt compelled to finish it, now matter how frustrating it got at times.
My biggest gripe is that it sometimes starts you off in an impossible situation. Twice, I started off going straight into a lake.
Also, you occasionally get a vertical line of obstacles, which can be damned near impossible to get through because of the slow recharge on the dynamite and matches. Speaking of those, sometimes the screen moves a little and you waste them on grass. Please make it so you can't activate matches or dynamite when you're not touching a tree or a mountain.
One last thing - the 90 degree track pieces are just about worthless. There aren't enough empty slots, so you almost never get lucky and receive two pieces that work together. Most of the time, you end up throwing them behind the train, just to get rid of them.
All in all, though, a great game. Some upgrades to the game play will make it very replayable.
so frustrating, i will most likely kill my family later, just to release the tension. 4/8
A couple of little things.
1) Occasionally generates platforms that can't be reached. Say platform 1 is Far from platform 2, but platform 3 is just a teeny bit higher than platform 2. It's impossible to make the double-jump work there.
2) Character needs to go a little faster. If you try to get everything, you fall behind very quickly.
Very cool game, though. Obviously reminds me of Tower of Greed, which had me hopelessly addicted for weeks. I hope you work a bit on the game play and give us a good second version.
People complaint about this a bunch. I just made some minor changes in movement speed and fixed the staked platform spawning.
Thanks for being constructive. ;)
keep working on this
it's a good concept, but could use some improved graphics, maybe some interesting powerups. hope to see a v2.
Good game, but
Doesn't seem to randomize. Am I wrong, or is each game the same as the last?
Other than that, great game.
One other nice feature would be the ability to click on a card in your hand to send it back to the pile. Much faster than clearing and re-grabbing everything.
but needs to add some features. looks great, and i hope you expand the concept.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.